Sunday, February 18, 2007

Odessa

Finally, to match my Clapotis, an Odessa!



Pattern: Odessa from MagKnits

Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Twister in Blues and Greens, about 100 grams

Needles: Boye #3 and #4 aluminum circular

Notes: I did not use beads, since this yarn is very speckly already, and I am too lazy to stop and figure out beading. I also squooshed the yarn down to gauge with teensier and teensier needles, until the numbers came out correctly. Had I stopped to think about the pattern, I would have used the proper needle size of #8 or so, and reduced the repeats. Now the hat is the correct size, but lacks spring and so doesn't cling to my noggin like it should.

Ah well, live and learn! And I still love the hat!

4 comments:

Faerynuff said...

beautiful and a fab photo!

knottygnome said...

your odessa looks beautiful. now you have one great matching set!

Batty said...

That is my favorite hat pattern ever. You did a wonderful job, it looks great!

Anonymous said...

Every time I see an Odessa, I'm closer to casting on for it. It looks lovely. Good job!