Sunday, February 18, 2007

Keeping warm

I love capelets! Love them! So I whipped one out from Wrap Style:



It is a simple wrap, and it has its flaws, such as the bottom edge rolling up in an unflattering way. It was a great introduction, and the yarn was yummy to knit with.

Pattern: Eyelet Capelet from Wrap Style

Yarn: Online Linie 157 Tessa, 50g, 5 skeins (or 6? I don't remember)

Needles: Boye #9 aluminum circulars

Notes: Lucky me, the gauge was spot-on, since I really wanted to make this pattern using this yarn. I followed the pattern to the letter, and really had fun with it! Once I gave the edges a light steam, they stayed put much nicer.

5 comments:

Zonda said...

Love the colors in your capelet! It looks great! :)

Anonymous said...

Yumm! Great job, It looks so cozy :) I love capelets too - great colors!

Batty said...

So pretty! I love capelets. Hate ponchos, love capelets because they're so much more elegant. It looks great on you!

DomesticOverlord said...

I check your blog all the time for new posts and I can't believe I haven't commented on that capelet! I love the colors, it's really beautiful.

Poops said...

Okay, you haven't posted in awhile.

Tag. You've been struck by the Seven Random Things About Me meme.

Love the capelet. I might have to make one of those for myself. It's sort of a sweater without the commitment issues.