Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Jaywalkers

I finally have a pair of the long-coveted Jaywalkers!



Pattern: Jaywalkers from MagKnits

Yarn: 2 50g skeins of Schachenmayr Regia Ringel, 75% New Wool, 25% Polyamide. Yarn was kindly gifted by the Flying Poodle. Thanks, Poodle!

Notions: 5 aluminum Boye dpns in size #1 US

Notes: I have size 7 feet, and thin legs, but I made the larger sized sock all the same. I tried twice before with the small size, but could not get the sock over my foot.

I loved making this sock, especially with a stripey yarn like this Regia where it makes the zigs zag so well.

8 comments:

Zonda said...

Awesome! Love the striping action! :)

Martha said...

Fantabulous! I'm glad the yarn found some good feet to warm.

Don't forget to send a pic to Grumperina, you may win a prize!

Bezzie said...

Hm. Veeery interestink. I had my doubts about jaywalking with the stripe/smoodle/stripe/smoodle colored yarn. However, your results are fabulous. I might have to give in and just do it.

And great tips on the sizes...my feet are the same size, but I get the feeling my ankles might be tree trunky. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really love your Jaywalkers! They turned out so awesome with that great yarn you've been using! Fantastic job!

Anonymous said...

Nicely stripey Jaywalkers there wonky!

veritas said...

they are stunningly cool socks, wonky!

turtlegirl76 said...

Love 'em!

Annie said...

WOW! Those look fantastic!!!
Well done!